Check out this Social Media Job at General Mills. Apply Online:
General Mills is seeking a Social Media Specialist to be responsible for supporting the Manager of Social Media, Global Communications, in the ongoing management and growth of the company’s corporate social media presence, in alignment with business and communication objectives for Brand General Mills.
The Social Media Specialist in corporate social media will work across the company’s brands and functions to build and advance Brand General Mills with various stakeholders.
- Write, edit and create video/visual content for the company’s blog and corporate social media channels.
- Develop and implement successful growth strategies for the audiences on the company’s blog and corporate social media channels.
- Monitor, listen and engage with stakeholders on the company’s blog and corporate social media channels.
- Expand influencer outreach activities through social media.
- Assist in managing the company’s employee social media advocacy program.
- Track and optimize performance of content against social referral and traffic goals.
- Work within the Global Communications team to advance the Brand General Mills platforms externally, including performance, CSR, and health and wellness through social media.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives – including writing and creative multimedia content creation – with one to five years in a social media-related role for a corporation, business, organization, agency or brand.
- Experience managing and growing engagement with audiences on social media channels, including, but not limited to: Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+.
- Demonstrated experience in influencer outreach activities in social media.
- Expertise in social media management and analytics tools.
- Sound judgment and knowledge of social media legal guidelines.
- Fluency in current best practices in social media, public relations and marketing.
- Strong business acumen.