Job Title: Tourism Intern
Area of Interest: Tourism
Requirements: PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
•Sitting: 40% of time spent using computers, phone and filing systems
•Walking: 60% of time (30% walking, 30% lifting/physical labor)
Job Description: Fall 2015 Internship
40 hours/week – Days, Nights and Weekend availability required.
• Present Mall of America as an attractive tourism destination by supporting the marketing activities of the Tourism staff.
• Fulfill requests for tourism information received via email and voicemail.
• Fulfill hotel/convention & visitor bureau requests for brochures.
• Fulfill and maintain Explore Minnesota Tourism (EMT) brochure program.
• Prepare for and conduct group programs such as Meet & Greet Service, Group Presentations and MallQuests (scavenger hunts).
• Answer guest questions and provide assistance when needed.
• Maintain the Explore Minnesota Tourism brochure programs with Guest Services at the north and west entrances.
• Attend staff meetings, client appointments and local travel-trade shows.
• Assist with production of tourism brochures and maintain collateral inventory.
• Handle customer correspondence.
• Distribute MOA updates to Tourism partners.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Completed at least two years of college studies, preferably in tourism marketing.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and e-mail.
• Flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings