The Ordway: The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists. Performances take place in the 1,900-seat Music Theater and a new 1,100-seat Concert Hall. The Ordway is committed to providing a welcome and inclusive environment for all patrons, artists, and employees.
Position Purpose: The Headquarters Coordinator is responsible for organizing and facilitating communication at the Flint Hills International Children’s Festival Headquarters.
Candidate Attributes: A successful candidate will thrive in fast paced environments, be able to make quick decisions, and enjoy interacting with new people.
- Posting Date: 2/17/2015
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Employee Type: Temporary, Nonexempt
- Department: Human Resources
- Reports to: Human Resources and Volunteer Coordinator
- Timing of Position Opening: May 26th, 2016 – June 5th, 2016
- Salary: $12.00/hr
Key Performance Areas
- Remain in Festival Quarters during festival hours to provide the joy.centerstage customer service experience to all guests at the International Children’s Festival, ensuring all questions are answered or redirect to appropriate staff.
- Maintain a working knowledge of festival activities to quickly and efficiently answer questions.
- During the festival, keep t-shirts organized, and distribute to relevant participants over the course of the festival.
- Ensure Festival Headquarters remains organized and orderly.
- Must be able to move quickly and freely
- Able and willing to work outside in all conditions
- Experience working with children, festivals, or events preferred.
To Apply: To apply, click the “Apply” button from our Career Center page job posting(www.ordway.org/employment). You can navigate to our Career Center page via the link on http://www.ordway.org/employment website, then click on the title of job posting to see details and apply. Please include a cover letter and resume with your online application. Only those applicants who apply through our online Career Center page will be considered.
Applicants will need to create a username and password to apply online, if you have previously registered you can login with your established credentials.